At Coastal Pointe Dance Company our competition teams are done differently. All year, during each class, every week we DO NOT practice one routine for competition. Instead we work on building our technique and strength. Once competition season begins rehearsals will be posted for each specific team on an additional day.
Within each age level there are separate teams based on genre of dance. This allows more children the opportunity to be on a team based on their strengths. Students can be on as many or few teams as they choose. Children may choose to only audition for certain teams. Based on ability children may not make all teams they audition for. HOWEVER, children may be asked to compete on their age level team for one genre and an age level above or below for other genre of dance IF their ability level is better matched with students on that level team.
Join the 2018-2019 CPDC Company Competition Team
- All team members and their family must sign and agree to our contract
- Participate in our Summer Team dance intensive August Monday, 8/24 – Thursday, 8/30
- Must be enrolled in Ballet
- Must be enrolled in the classes that coincides with the style of dances they are chosen for/age of the dancer
- Must be a part of the team production
- Attend The Turn It Up Dance Convention Sunday, 12/9
- Attend our trip/convention day at Broadway Dance Center (Date: and age requirement TBA)
- Attend all three regional and the one National dance competitions
2019 Team audition dates and information TBA in the early Spring of 2019.